Te Ika a Māui - Visual Interpretation Terms & Conditions
“Once upon a Taima” Te ika a Māui - visual interpretation.
Terms and Conditions 2020
- Information regarding Prizes and how to enter the “Te ika a Māui - Visual Interpretation” (“Promotion”) forms part of these terms and conditions of entry (the “Terms and Conditions”). Entry into the Promotion is deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter is Te Wānanga o Aotearoa, 320 Factory Road, Te Awamutu, New Zealand.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
- Eligibility: Entry is only open to New Zealand residents. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, participating agents and their associated agencies are ineligible to enter. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries.
- How to Enter: An eligible participant (the “Participant”) must enter the competition by sending their visual entry (drawing, painting, poster, photograph or design of the “Once upon a Taima” podcast) into our Taringa Facebook page, Taringa Instagram account or by emailing it to email@example.com.
- Participation in the Promotion is not limited to one entry per person. Multiple entries are permitted.
- Promotion commences 27 April 2020 6:30pm NZT and closes 11 May 2020 11.59pm NZT (the “Promotional Period”). Entries received after the end of the Promotional Period will be ineligible for entry.
- One winner will be selected by the Promoter by 5.00pm NZT on 12 May 2020. Entries will be judged by the Promoter on the following criteria:
- Entry relevance to theme, originality and creativity.
- Attempts will be made to notify the winner by the email address, Facebook or Instagram account they used upon registration. If the Promoter, having used reasonable efforts, is unable to contact a winner prior to 8.00am NZT on 19 May 2020, then the Prize will be forfeited and a further selection(s) will be conducted (this process will be repeated until a selected winner is successfully contacted). The Promoter’s decision is final in respect of all aspects of the Promotion and no correspondence will be entered into.
PRIZE DETAILS AND CONDITIONS:
- There is one Prize pack to be won, comprising 1 x Taringa Hoody and 1 x Taringa T-Shirt (together, the “Prize”). Sizes of the Prize cannot be guaranteed. The estimated retail value of the Prize is NZD$130. The first valid visual interpretation entry selected as the winner by our judges will win the Prize. Prize delivery details will be arranged with the winner directly. The promoter will cover the cost of delivery. Delivery method will be contactless.
- The Prize cannot be converted into cash and is not transferable or exchangeable.
- If the Prize (or any part of the Prize) is unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize in whole (or any of its components), with a substitute Prize of equal or greater value.
- The winner has rights under the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 which cannot be excluded or limited by the Promoter. These rights include statutory guarantees that any goods provided by the Promoter will be of acceptable quality and fit for purpose, and that any services provided by the Promoter will be rendered with due care and skill. These Terms and Conditions do not, and do not intend to, exclude or limit those statutory rights in any way. However, to the extent it is permitted by law to do so, the Promoter makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, under laws other than the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 regarding the quality or suitability of the Prize awarded as part of this Promotion and will not be responsible for breach of such representations or warranties.
- The winner’s use of the Prize must at all times positively promote the brand of Te Wānanga o Aotearoa including where possible, presenting the brand in a coherent and consistent manner which enhances the brand and reputation.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries, or for any injury or damage to Participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in this Promotion.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, neither the Promoter nor any other person or party associated with this Promotion shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered, sustained or incurred (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) as a result of, or arising in any way out of, or in any way connected with, participation in this Promotion or with any Prizes offered.
- Participants must comply with all requirements of the Promoter, including requirements specified in the Terms and Conditions. If a Participant enters or attempts to enter the Promotion in a manner which in the Promoter’s opinion, is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or is fraudulent or unjust to other Participants (such as hacking, cheating, deception, or any other unfair playing practices), the entry may be rejected at the Promoter’s reasonable discretion. The Promoter may, at its reasonable discretion, declare any or all entries made by a Participant invalid if the Participant:
- fails to establish their entitlement to enter the Promotion to the Promoter's satisfaction;
- tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion;
- submits an entry which in the Promoter's opinion is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions;
- acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person;
- in the opinion of Promoter, engages in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter;
- breaches any law; or
- behaves in a way that the Promoter believes is otherwise inappropriate.
- The Promoter collects Participants’ personal information to conduct the Promotion. If the information requested is not provided, the Participant may not participate in the Promotion. The Promoter may disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers and other suppliers, in order to conduct the Promotion.
- Acceptance of the Prize is deemed consent for the Promoter to use the winner’s details, submitted artwork and photographs for promotional and media purposes in relation to the Promotion without any further reference or payment or other compensation to the winner.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any tax implications arising from a winner winning the Prize. Winners should seek independent financial advice.
- If, for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, any aspect of the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, or if the conduct or operation of the Promotion is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, government ban or regulation, civil unrest, strikes, tampering, computer bugs or viruses or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, cancel, terminate, modify, suspend or recommence the Promotion, or to invalidate any affected entries, at any time without prior notice, subject to any applicable law.
- By entering this Promotion, Participants agree to release Facebook and Instagram of any liability or obligation related to the entry and Participants acknowledge this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.